Saturday, April 10, 2010

We're not in Kansas (NC) anymore. We have arrived.

I sit here in the Shanghai airport with an hour and a half left until we are able to board the plane, and the start of our journey has at least been an uneventful one except for the spilled soda on the plane. We left RDU at 6:30 am and on our way to NJ we hit turbulence, not just a little bump in the night kind of turbulence it was the screaming and praying and singing every hymn I could remember to keep my mind off of dying kind. The coke flew in the air as I too became airborne in my seat and mine spilled all over my lap, Marshall's flew up and went down the back of the mans dress shirt that sat in front of him but once we were on the ground and had a short layover in NJ things calmed down. I do have to say that this has been the longest day of my life. Sitting on that plane that long can wear on anyone but I did watch 4 movies which helped keep my mind off of the fact we were flying. I was thinking how glad I was that Emma was 3 and not a new baby for on the way home.

We got off the plane and headed for the check in for Nanchang and realized that we were now in an area where we had no fast food, and needed Yuen. Dillon fell asleep in the waiting area in the chairs since none of us slept on the plane. Many people pointed and smiled at our little boy sleeping. We have yet to see any other Americans on this leg. I cannot believe I have been up this long. There is a first for everything. We ended up going to a restaurant here at the airport and our first meal including sodas for all was $15.00. We were confused about the tipping since she was confused as to why we wanted her to break a 100 Yuen for us, so I asked her and she instantly told me NO! This was a little bit of a shock to me.

Well I sit here with droopy eyes and wonder what our beds will feel like and feel bad that the boys will be sleeping on the floor.

I also took some pictures and will send later when I have the capability to do so.

Two more days until we meet our precious girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I relate to that kind of tired! And just so Dillon doesn't feel alone, know that I fell asleep in the waiting area chairs in the Shanghai airport on our way home myself!
    Glad that you had God's peace keeping you calm during that turbulence!

    ReplyDelete