Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Surprise

This morning started off with honking and fire crackers. Who needs a wake up call from the front desk when you have that. We went down stairs to breakfast and to meet Sherry and her friend Ann, who is also getting her daughter and is with Small World. What a spread they had too. I must say, I did not eat very much because I was just so excited and was talking a mile a minute. Some man who now lives in China was here visiting a friend asked me if I was from CA. LOL I said "No I am from NC," and decided to sit down with them at their table. I am sure they thought what the heck, but they were intrigued and we talked and shared stories and asked about food of course. When we left he got up from the table to shake my hand and I said oh no we are friends now and friends hug. Every one in the restaurant was staring. After breakfast we met with Helen our guide to give her the paper work needed for the arrivals of our girls today around 4. Yes you read it right, they are coming today. Can you believe it. I am so excited I can not believe that in just a little over an hour we will be meeting our daughter. I was so excited to find out that the girls were coming today, what a nice surprise. We then decided to walk down to the local market, it is raining here so our guide was not sure if we wanted to walk in the rain but luckily Sherry and Ann are up for adventures too and were not afraid of a little rain. The market was awesome it was like the supper market and big lots in one big building. After shopping and getting our water and goodies for the girls we went to a near by restaurant and Helen ordered lunch for us and man was it good. Even the boys tried the food. We then headed back to the hotel to wait for the girls to come, walking the streets is something you do with complete caution with horns blaring and mopeds and bikes to dodge you breath with relief when you are all safely across the street.
Here are some pictures of the trip so far.
First 3 are the beginning of our journey.
Dillon sleeping in the airport
Marshall using chopsticks with his left hand
Darrel enjoying his meal
Dillon loves the sprite can
At Lunch today






No comments:

Post a Comment