Sunday, April 11, 2010

Emma's Home

Emma's home! She is precious and we are so blessed. I have to say that she is definitely a pistol. All of us that said there was more behind that smile were right.LOL Okay so guess what she came in? That dress and the hair extensions. I actually chuckled when I saw her. Emma saw me smiled and then told the nanny NO! when they told her to go to me. My heart broke knowing that her heart was broken. Instantly, I tried to bribe my daughter with gifts and candy. It sort of worked all though she still wanted nothing to do with us. She knew who Marshall and Dillon were, it was so cute when she said their name clear as day. The director and the two nannies walked her up to our room and while we distracted her with coloring they left. We had an hour in the room with her crying and calling out to her mom and baba. It was so sad, but knowing from my good friends that this was just a pat of the journey, helped me get through it. I was able to get her hair pieces out and take her fuzzy poncho and dress off but the back pack with all the stuff (but the panda we got her) we could not peal off of her. Even some of the new stuff we showed her, she would take her back pack off unzip it and put the new item in it and instantly place the bag back on her back. We each had to go down stairs and sign the paper work and place our thumb prints on the documents so I was able to get her settled down before each of us left. Oh, did I mention they gave me a bottle and some formula. Okay I am all for giving it to her if she needs it but I don't think she needs it, but in desperation a mom will do any thing. I made her a bottle and she just walked around with it biting the nipple almost as if it was a pacifier. I had purchased some look alike Dannon yogurt this afternoon (these come with straws) and gave her one of those and she seemed to like that a lot. The girl can drink out of a straw so she does not need a bottle. We made her some Ramen and she ate the whole pack. I had to barrow the Ramen form Sherry so I hope Wal-Mart carries it. I can not believe I forgot the Ramen, anyway moving on. It was time to take a bath and knowing that this may not be a fun time I put the swim suit on and got in the bath, oh did I mention that Emma did not want to take her back pack off? Ya the back pack and shoes were an issue. We just dove in knowing we were going to get some tears and tears we got. I washed her as quick as I could and Darrel sat and soothed her ready to take her out and dry her off and she wanted daddy. He always wanted a daddy's girl and it looks like he got one, guess where she is right now? Asleep in bed with him. My sweet girl, I hope tomorrow brings smiles. Oh she loves gadgets, girl after my own heart.

One of the pictures is her holding Marshall's IPOD up to her ear she was listing to music, she loves his IPOD.lol






12 comments:

  1. OMG! I am sitting here reading this with tears of joy for you and your family! God is truly good! Many blessings for you as you start this new journey Renee :-) I can't wait to meet Emma! Call me when you come to Norma's!
    Many hugs and blessings from me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful for you that you finally have your precious little girl. I can't wait to meet her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a darling little girl. And yes, it is a good sign (though hard to face at the time) that she is grieving. Be patient with the backpack, eventually she will be able to leave it behind. Darcy carried hers for days before we could convince her to leave it in the room. And you are worried that you won't be able to find Ramen? Girl, you are in China you know...
    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. alright, your pics are awesome and bringing back very recent memories but your story of emma and her transition is killing me. however, just think of the moment that she will trust you guys with her backpack. that will be a great moment to look forward to. imagine if your only possession in the world was a sole backpack. i'd hold onto that sucker too!

    please keep the pics and updates coming. your room at the gloria grand looks like it could have been our same exact room there in december. if you get tired of the hustle and bustle of nanchang (and the dog poop on the sidewalks) know that guangzhou is coming soon and is a nice reprieve from the smog and horns of your current home. steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. After all this time, she is with you!!! She's a cutie pie for sure. If she does want the bottle -it's a great bonding tool. We can't wait to meet her at playgroup!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. steve adams hope mills, ncApril 11, 2010 at 8:30 PM

    going away for 4 days with no internet access! how will i keep up with the adventure?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. seeing her tears make my heart ache....she will warm up but it will take time. Even with Emily it seems that just in the past month she has really started becoming 'Emily' and feeling so safe and ready to discover, explore and conquer!
    OK - I just saw you a week ago...so, what happened to Marshall's arm?!
    Just enjoy every moment - remember they are spicy girls but that is what makes them great kiddos and our forever daughters!
    We can't wait to meet her and see you all home...it is a long journey so rest while you can - naps are good!
    It is so cool to see the Gloria Grand in these photos - seems like just yesterday we were there getting Emily!
    Hang on....the ride only gets better! Remember Squeaky Shoes are awesome and if you meet a small shop owner named Lisa Lee on Shaman Island - tell her we said HI! LOL She made us some very good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you guys - and another 'daddy's girl' - I have to admit (as a dad) that hearing the word 'ba ba' (said properly BTW!) is something that just makes me give in! When you get to GZ ask them to take you to the "electronic's market" where you can buy an 'iPod' knockoff for about $10 US - might make a great bribe and if something 'bad' happens - hey - it was a knock off! ;)

    Looking forward to following the rest of your journey - hugs -

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renee
    She is absolutely adorable! Raamen cn be found at pretty much most 7/11s as well s other stores so should be no problem.

    Cannot wait until you get home and get all settled in. We will have to get together in Raleigh one day, I showed Emma your blog and said she is another Emma. She was excited and said she would like to meet her when you guys are ready. Safe journeys and keep up the great posts!
    gene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and I forgot to dd that our sadie is 3 so the two of them together should have a grand ole time!
    gene

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sooooo happy for you all!!!! love you all very much can't wait to see you all in May.. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I am late because I have been trying to track down your blog for a few days -- I had it wrong on your fortune cookie favors! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! What a precious girl and a precious family! Seeing all the pics makes us want to be there with you all. If you got some smiles on that first day then you are ahead of schedule, especially at her age! Sounds like she is healthy and WILL eventually bond to you. It will be hard to be patient but you will get there! We are praying for you all and trust the Lord will supernaturally knit you all together as you love her through Him! Can't wait to give you all big hugs when you get off that plane! Love B for the Lossing Fam

    ReplyDelete