Sunday, April 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well we finally made it home safe and sound. I could not be happier to be home in my own bed with my own pillow and my friend cleaned our house, changed our sheets and stocked our fridge and freezer, what a nice surprise that was thank you so much Tara.
Emma did great on the flights home. We did how ever have to get our seats rearranged they had every single one of us in a middle seat all around the plane so Emma was sitting by herself. Our plane was delayed in NJ but once we landed in NC we had friends with signs and balloons to welcome Emma it was awesome. Of course since we did not have a vehicle to get home we spent the night at our friends house and we did not get to sleep until 2 AM but Emma was up by 4:30 hungry. I got up and made her some Ramen so needless to say by the time we got our rental van and packed back up I was exhausted. Emma slept on the way home but I made her wake when we got home so we could sleep after dinner. We were all in bed by 7:15 and I do not remember anything after I hit my pillow that I missed so much.lol Emma slept in her toddler bed next to our bed and was happy to do so, she did not even ask to get in our bed but it could have had something to do with our little dog
Sophie. LOL. We woke this morning at 6:30 and made scramble eggs I added hot sauce and cheese she loved them. My good friendmade us sausage cheese balls and she loved those too, added some hot sauce. I must say for all that our baby girl has been through, and all the beds she has slept in the past two weeks, I truly think she is doing remarkably well.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome home - super great to get the housecleaning and stock fridge too - a couple less things to do while you try to shed the jet lag (always the hardest for us!!) Lots of joy for you here in Cincy -

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome guys! sorry we couldn't be there to welcome you home with everyone else. congratulations on a successful journey. we'll see you when we are back in town. can't wait to meet emma! emily says hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily rocked her bed when she got home too....it is amazing to me but I think they know 'this is home now' even if they can't express it.
    Funny about the hot sauce - Em had hot and sour soup the other night and loved it! It was quite warm to the tongue! I ended up mixing it with the rice and bbq pork as well and she ate it all!
    We will be home this weekend - looking forward to meeting your spicy gal soon!

    PS - Tara you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been out of town and finally caught up reading your blog. Emma is just precious! Can't wait to meet her at one of the playgroups soon ;-) Praying that you're settling in and that's she's adjusting to the routine at home.

    Annette
    from OAKs

    ReplyDelete