Thursday, April 22, 2010

Heading to Beijing

I just wanted to send a quick note before we head out. The week is almost over and I can honestly say, that I am happy and sad that we are leaving. Happy to get home and get back to a routine as well as my bed, man my back is killing me.lol Sad because I do love China (minus the driving). The people here are so wonderful and accepting, of course you have a few that will turn their nose up to you, but the good out weigh the bad. I love talking with them and learning from them. Of course, I love that we are leaving with our beautiful daughter for whom I will forever be thankful to China. But enough of that, lets talk updates. Emma is doing great. She is a ball of laughs most of the day and is forever keeping us smiling. The other night we went on the dinner cruise and I am not sure how much we paid for this thing, but if I had known that none of us would eat the dinner served I would have skipped it and ordered pizza. I do have to add that one lady commented on the fact that Emma was such a lucky girl to have us as a family and how kind we were to adopt her. I let her know that we were the lucky ones. She said that Emma was lucky to have such a great big brother and I laughed as I told her that he was her dad. I am sure Darrel will never ever forget that. The zoo was pleasant all though it seemed sad that many of the animals were just caged up with no food and very little space to roam for all the beauty that China puts into their parks and surroundings the zoo is not one of them. Just as we were leaving it started to rain so we were happy that we were able to tour the zoo with out being soaked to the bone. We then came back to the hotel and hung out just walking around and looking at all the things we thought we might have missed. We still did not get to see everything as much of the island is tore up due to revamping the streets and sidewalks. We later went to the massage place and Dillon chose to use the last of his 70 YEN on a foot massage and of course I joined in, no way I would get this kind of treatment in the US for basically 10 dollars. Darrel on the other hand chose to get the full body massage. So now I sit here waiting for Papa Johns to be delivered as we have exactly one hour before we have to set our luggage outside our door and head to the airport and sit for 4 hours. We land in Beijing around 10:30. I hope that I am able to send a quick note to let you know that we are safely on the ground.
Love to you all.
Me

2 comments:

  1. i'm guessing you guys are almost home. we are in HI and with the time change between here and there and there and NC i don't know when you will get home. emma's journey continues. the three of us can't wait to meet her. be prepared, ann got her noisy toys as payback. it's actually a book that makes sounds like the one you got for emily but this one can never be turned off and the battery is sealed so you can never take it out. have fun with that.

    safe travels guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us share in your journey - we are super happy for you guys! And now that you are almost home - let the adventure really begin!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete