Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Botanical Gardens and Shopping






I have a few min. to spare since the rest of the gang is down at breakfast and I decided to eat cold Pizza. It was really good, we ordered Papa Johns last night as we decided to stay in and chill and watch Avatar, one of the movies we purchased here. Well, where do I start as I can not remember where I left off. The other night we found out that Emma's nanny was due to retire when they had found Emma. She decided to stay on just for her. She fell in love with Emma and took her home every night and brought her back during the day while she worked. The very next day after Emma was brought to us her nanny retired. This explains a lot. Yesterday, I had to take Emma back to get her TB test read and on the way to the clinic she asked me to carry her, so of course I was not going to turn her down. As soon as we walked into the clinic the tears started to come. I felt so bad as I tried to let her know that she was not getting any more shots but I knew she could not understand. Once her arm was read I hurried outside so I could let her know that we were done and we were going home. On our way home I asked her if she wanted down to walk and she said no and placed her head on my shoulder and was so happy to walk through the doors and see her brothers. We went to the Botanical Gardens and Emma enjoyed feeding the fish and the fish really enjoyed all the food that was being given. We came back to the hotel and Emma ate her ramen as this has been her food of choice every day now since we left Nanchang. Breakfast has been a challenge. she does not like any thing we give her but the fruit and yogurt. After eating we rested for a bit and then went shopping for her Chinese dress and some of her gifts to give to her on her gotcha day for years to come. One of the gifts we bought was a painting done by a man who paints with his finger and finger nails. It is so awesome how the Chinese are so creative. Bed time has been good no problems or tears, so that is always a blessing. I am sitting here waiting for Rebeca giving us the congratulations call of the paper work going through.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad that she let you carry her and burrowed her head in your shoulder. Sounds like she is letting you in a little. And she must have loved that nanny so much, so even starting to trust you is HUGE right now. I'm guessing that her TB test was fine, congratulations! Can't wait until you are back here in NC and we get to meet that little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much more relaxed she is starting to look with all of you now. She looks like she is very happy and content and having fun in these pictures ;-). Hugs and cheers!
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the updates ..... When does it look like you will be home???? I have some stuff to send dont want to send to soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a great day - and the snuggles too...sounds like things couldn't be much better! And you could do worse than fruit and yogurt for breakfast (well - I couldn't - but hey my doctor would agree with her!)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys! I am following your blog and enjoying staying involved. Sounds like some stress but bright spots and more trust each day. I have prayed for all of you!!!!! God bless you all with patience, love, and trust as you adjust to Emma and her to you.
    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming over to read your blog. I enjoy reading it--sounds like you guys are hanging in there. :D

    Hope to meet you again before too long once you're home and settled.

    ReplyDelete