Sunday, April 18, 2010

Guangzhou




We are here in Guangzhou and for about an hour Emma was scared, but who can blame her. She had no idea what was going on as we packed up our hotel and removed all the things she had become accustomed to after a week and sit in an airport with a bunch of people she does not know. The flight from Nanchang to Guangzhou was an hour and 15 min. and I tried to be brave for her since I am not a good flier. She really wanted to sit next to Marshall which I allowed. I figure thatif this would help her calm her fears how could I deny her. Emma ended up falling asleep. Thank goodness, she helped me with my fears by doing so. Once we arrived at our hotel Emma was back to being herself, laughing and talking. We were settled and in bed by midnight and thankfully we asked about our room before we received our room keys because once again we were given two twin beds. I asked if there was any way we could get a king size bed? They said they had one left but it was on the smoking floor. It can not be different than where we came from as we were on a non smoking floor but the man next to us came out smoking his cigarette and this room actually smells better. Okay moving on. We woke Sat. morning to take Emma to her physical examine and to get her 6 shots and TB test. The hearing, weighing and height went well but when it came to the part where the Dr. needed to examine her she started to cry. I would too as they show no compassion or ever smile. I had one guide keep looking in on us and I started to get angry as we have the curtain drawn and he is poking his head in while they are doing the examine. I said why does he keep looking in our room he is being rude, I told my guide he then says to my guide Rebbecca "what is taking them so long?" she says "it is none of your business." Really I said "it maybe part of his culture to be rude and look in on other peoples children but it is not part of ours and I will not allow him to look in on my daughter." I was so angry. Darrel keep telling me to calm down but I could not. After we were done Rebbecca showed me where the water was so that I could get a drink and calm down.LOL Darrel took Emma in to get her shots and it was hard on me to hear her screaming and crying for me, but once it was all done I held her in my arms with her head on my shoulder, I gave her the piece of candy that helped dry up the tears. We then came back to the hotel and she took a nap. We walked around for almost two hours looking for a place to eat. We settled for Lucy's even though we had eaten there for lunch but Emma was having a melt down because she was starving, but then she did not eat what we ordered her. I am thinking that she was not feeling that well from all the shots she had received earlier.

6 comments:

  1. Many prayers for you today on the last leg of your trip. The switching hotels, running from place to place, doc visits were so hard on our little ones as well. When you are home and can get in a normal routine you will see a change in your sweet girl. We saw such a change in our little guys when we got home... and that is when they also would come to me and not just daddy. It's a wild journey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful to see the bonding begin . . . Thank You Lord for answered prayers! We love you all! Get home soon!!! Love, Beth for the Lossing Fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well - at least the 'worst' of your trip is over - GZ is a wonderful place to relax a bit, and now that the medical is past the rest is 'smoother' sailing! As for Lucy's - we were pretty regular there - not the best - but we would take a table on the patio near the open area outside, and that gave us a chance to let the kids run a hair and still be within site!

    Good move letting Darrel hold her for the shots - let's you be the 'good guy' - and the head on the shoulder says lots!!

    Soon enough you'll be on the way home - hang tough -

    aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darcy got really upset during the long medical exam too. Hey, we had a guide named Rebecca, and I think she also guides for your agency. Wonder if she is the same person? We just loved Rebecca!
    Good to read that Emma allowed you to comfort her after the exam. We'll continue to pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi honey, did not know that we could post comments and that you can read them, that is why I have been emailing you. I read your blog every day and love to hear about this chapter in you and your families lives. I know that you are a great mom and have a wonderful understanding of what Emma might be feeling. I will not be long before you and Emma are best friends and both of my sweet girls are to me. I read something that I just loved......Do not count the days, but, make the days count. I can see that you do this naturally.
    I miss everyone give the boys a big kiss for me and Emma a soft smooch as she is not use to her Nana yet. Darrel you are such a wonderful father and husband I am so proud to say you are my son-in-law. oxoxoxoxo Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, riiggghhhttt.....isn't it interesting how americans always seem to get the 'rude' label?!?!? americans are always expected to take it from others. i've been to 5 asian countries and definitely felt the chinese were the rudest. you're absolutely within your right as a foreigner there, a mother and a traveler to call them out on their rudeness. good for you!

    btw, we're getting crazy amounts of japanese 'lookbacks' here in HI.

    ReplyDelete