Monday, March 1, 2010

Help bring Emma home

For those of you that know me, really know me, you know how hard it is for me to EVER ask for help. I am the type of person who does better giving help than ever receiving. With that said writing this letter is very difficult.
I am writing to ask for help, help to bring Emma home. Darrel and I never imagined that we would ever need to ask for help, but it has come down to asking.

Four years ago when Darrel received orders to Iraq we put our house on the market thinking that in a few months time we would be selling our home, the home that we had put our life savings into and thought we would be making a little extra to help us purchase our next home. Unfortunately that never happened. One can not imagine what our family has gone through and the sacrifices that not only our family has done but other who have stood by us over these years and helped us survive. So if you would have asked me 9 months ago, if I would adopt I would of not only told you that you were crazy for asking but also told you that I think it is wonderful for those who have the heart to do such a thing, it is just not for me. Fortunately God was patient. He continued to put people in our lives who had adopted and I continued to support them and love their children, until one night he told me that he had a special little girl who was waiting for us to bring her home. I woke up thinking this is a crazy dream I was having. I never even desired another child, my two boys were all I would ever need. So I thought. I prayed for God to make me understand his desire and told Darrel that we were to adopt and for the first time in my life I had a peace about bringing a child into my home, who may have special needs of her own. Then one morning on my way out the door, I checked my email one last time only to find that I had an email from an agency, who was not the agency I had chosen to go with, but in the email was a link to their web site. My curiosity got the best of me. There she was, among a list of about 10 other children. My heart raced and I could not type fast enough to a friend of mine to find out what I needed to do in order to bring this little girl home. That's where it all started so for starters, we sold a motorcycle, a pick up truck, a horse and saddle and felt like we were well on our way to bringing Emma home. What we did not know was that the house we have had on the market for FOUR long years was a thorn in our side, one that prevented us from moving on with our lives. One that prevented us from being a family for over two years, as my husband slept many nights in his office on an air mattress because we lived an hour and a half away. We just could not see a light at the end of this long tunnel, unless we did something. We walked away, not knowing what the repercussions would be. It was one of the hardest decisions our family has ever had to make. Darrel and I were not ones to miss payments, as a matter of fact we prided ourselves on our credit, it was one thing the military could not control. Little did we know they did. When they moved us from VA. to NC. Who would have guessed that the repercussions from this would be a trickle from others whom we have never missed a payment with. We have had letters and phone calls from our credit card companies letting us know that they were canceling us or dropping our credit down to what we owe.
This is where it effects us bringing Emma home. We had saved and sold items in order to pay for the adoption process up to this point and just planned on using credit for the rest. Now due to this four year thorn in our side (keep in mind we have been paying on this house the whole time we just walked away from it 3 months ago) we have no credit cards to use and no one is going to give us a loan.
With that said,I am asking, and this is where it is gets hard for me, that if you find it in your heart to donate to bringing our little girl home we would so ever be grateful. I just want to bring my daughter home. This little girl who was left at the front gates when she was only two days old, this little girl who does not know what it is like to having a mommy and a daddy to tuck her in at night, or brothers to teach her how to climb a tree or kick a ball. Darrel and I want her to know that she is loved. From the moment we saw her picture 9 months ago, she has been loved.
I know times are hard, for everyone, so if you are not able to give please pray, pray that God will find a way for us to bring Emma Lin home. If you are able to donate I have added a link on my page, and again I thank you for helping us with this journey.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you. We are in the same place waiting on God to supply. I recently heard someone say that God loves adoption and He will provide for it! I am always amazed how everyone shares their testimony of God's provision! Very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete