Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Still Waiting

The days seem to drag on. Home Schooling keeps me busy but does not help my mind from thinking and wondering about when we will get to go get our little girl. Today I am hosting a lunch for some friends and I am really excited for them to come. Especially since it will occupy my time and my mind.
I spent several hours in Emma's room yesterday folding clothes, repacking her suite case and figuring out what exactly I would need to take. Speaking of traveling.
Darrel and I have put a lot of thought into our time in China and the cost of things and sadly do not think we will be able to go to Beijing, as much as we would love to see the Terracotta Soldiers,the Forbidden city and so much more we just do not think that it is going to be possible. I will be honest I just want to bring our daughter home.

2 comments:

  1. At the end of the day that will be a personal call. I know when we traveled for Braelyn we did all of that (Great Wall, Tianamen Square, Forbidden City, etc - skipped the Teracotta soldiers) and justified that with "we'll never be back to China". Now - we've been back again - skipped a lot of that stuff this trip due to finances - but openly admit that we will be going back to China some day! We will - if we have to swim across to get there - it had that kind of effect on our family and I will take our kids there again someday!

    You may find yourself in that same position....just wish it wasn't so dang expensive!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know that the Nat. Geographic Museum in DC has a terrocatta Warrior exhibit up for another month or so. Not the same but could be a cool visit.

    ReplyDelete