Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Emma found a new buddy
Getting help
Loving the slides
Ready set go

Yesterday was my 39 birthday and instead of thinking about how I was one year closer to being 40 I was to excited thinking about spending the day with my baby girl and my good friend. Well that and getting to eat Mexican.
Darrel and the boys had left the night before to travel up to Charlotte to watch the pro's play golf at Quail Hallow so When Emma woke I was a little worried that she would have a melt down with out her brothers or dad in the house but she did not. Emma asked for them and I explained to her as if she understood that they were gone but that they would be back later and she seemed okay with it. We were dressed and out the door. At the Mexican restaurant I prepared Emma some noodles that I had brought her with the thermos of hot water and she was so excited to eat them. We then went to an inflatable jump house and I was not sure how she would do since she had never been to such a thing but my girl was eager to try that is for sure and she did not stop for hours. One time I climbed into the slide because she started to cry, thinking she was scared I needed to rescue her but it turns out she was crying because she was frustrated and the last thing she wanted me to do was remove her from this slide because she was on a mission, a mission to figure out how to get to the top even if it was a little scary. Emma is one tuff cookie.

4 comments:

  1. Great update! Glad that she is 'facing' her fears - speaks well for her strength and personality - very cool!

    Oh - and Happy Birthday!! - glad you got to have some fun!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny....Em is the same way...don't help her let her do it!

    these little gals are really survivors and so very strong in every way!! It can make it a challenge at times but in the end they are going to find such success in anything to do!

    Happy Birthday to you by the way!!

    Was Emma willing to try any of the mexican food? Em loves the black beans, rice, burritos, tomatoes, avocados....mostly anything that isn't nailed down!

    Right now her big thing is ice - she loves to chew ice, the little 'fruit snacks' - which I doubt have any fruit, string cheese, pineapple - fresh only please....and anything pasta.

    Let us know when you want to get together...I have an all day scrapbooking thing on Saturday but we are done at 6 PM, Sunday I am guessing will be busy for you all with Mother's Day.

    Talk to you soon mamasan!
    AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! :) Sounds like you had a delightful day. I am so happy for Emma and your family. Emma is just beautiful in her pictures! Blessings to your family. :) Sheri in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've seen her in action. yes, she is definitely tough! happy birthday even though it's late.

    ReplyDelete