Monday, April 11, 2011


Then
Now (well this is an older picture but will have to do for now but this is pretty much her smile all the time)

One year ago today the hotel phone
rang and Helen informed us that our daughter was waiting in the lobby. I scrambled for the camera and the four of us headed towards the elevators. As the doors opened and my heart leaped I could see our precious gift from God who was so frightened and so venerable. Emma wanted nothing to do with me and even though I wanted to cry inside and scoop her up in my arms I stayed strong and patient for her to accept that we were now her forever family. Well the tears only were shed in China because Emma and I are pretty much the mother and daughter I always dreamed about. The transition has been nothing but wonderful, we are truly blessed and I know that for those 11 months that I prayed for her heart and that God would give her the peace and comfort of her new family I know that he absolutely did that. It has not been all roses for Emma but she is one of the strongest little girls I know and man she will be the first one to tell you so too. INDEPENDENT and can I say Princess too!
Due to Emma's disease she has grown over 7 inches in the year she has been here so my little 4 year old gets mistaken quite a bit for a 7 or 8 year old all the time. She has had 4 surgeries two at the wonderful hospital in Maryland, John Hopkins. What a blessing that place is. We are scheduled for the biggest one of them all August 4th and even though I worry every time she goes under this one has me a little scared, she will be under for 6 hours so when that time comes we could definitely use the prayers. Emma keeps everyone laughing and on their toes most the time but one thing has not changed she and her older brother Marshall are still the best of pals. He needs his space some times because her constant talking can wear on anyone but for the most part they have the greatest relationship. Emma is one lucky girl to have such a wonderful big brother. Dillon on the other hand he likes her but he says she annoys him but really he just annoys her and she eggs it on. Well I wanted to let you all know that we are doing wonderful and that Emma is doing great too. I know I have not kept up with her blog but I went back to school and its all I can do to actually check my emails at the end of the day. Darrel is deploying latter this year so I will for sure being getting back on it to keep him up to date. I promise I will upload some pictures here soon as you all will not believe how much she has changed.

3 comments:

  1. Happy one year!
    She is such a doll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, Thank you so much for your post on our blog. I am so happy to hear from you! Happy Gotcha Day to you too! I am sorry for my delayed response but we are busy, busy!!! I am not sure how much you follow our blog but we are waiting on our LOA for daughter #6. We hope to travel this fall!

    Take care and hello to everyone!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma looks so happy. Glad she is doing well, maybe one day we can get together in Raleigh sometime. Gene

    ReplyDelete